Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nothing is Something


I should do something. But I don't feel like it. I mean, it's not as if I have not done anything all day. I probably did more before 9am than most people. However, that after lunch lethargy just drags me down. I still have a sink full of breakfast, and also lunch, dishes to wash. But first I have to empty the dishwasher of the clean dishes. Blah. Boring. Maybe I should make the children do it? Yes, that sounds like a plan.

That still leaves me sitting here. Like a lumpy lump.

There is laundry waiting for me. But the basket is all the way down in the basement. So far!! If I try to bring all these dirty clothes down in my arms without a basket, it will be 2007 all over again, and I will have another broken leg from falling down my stairs. No thanks.

So...no laundry then either.

Yard work? Nope, too hot. However, my daughter did give me a compliment this morning in saying that I have become a "gardener". I guess because I planted some flowers in a couple of pots and they didn't die yet, and I mowed the grass on Monday. That qualifies as gardening.

TV is deadly boring in the afternoons. So I won't be going down that road.

I've already done my daily internet job-search, and actually applied online for two positions. Even if I never get a call for an interview, I feel I've accomplished something in the "work" venue by sending out the applications.

I could bring the giant mountain of Diet Pepsi cans to the recycling center. But that would require me to load up the van with those sticky, drippy things, and drive all the way over there. Not that it's far, but it is the principle of the thing.

I don't know what principle I'm shying away from, but it sounded like a legitimate excuse to me.

Should I run the vacuum cleaner? No..better not...the baby is napping. That would wake her.

Golly! There is really nothing for me to do today! I guess I"ll just continue to sit here, like a lump, and maybe bark some orders at the older children to do something.

I might be doing "nothing" but obviously, if you've read my excuses (above), you will agree that that is absolutely the proper thing for me to be doing at this moment. They, on the other hand, should be productive with their day. The freedom of youth is short lived!

Soon, the dulldrums of adulthood will be upon them. I feel it is only fair that I prepare them in advance by making them do the chores I don't feel like doing today.

For their own good.

*Yawn*...maybe I'll take a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena