Friday, August 12, 2011

Update: She did not fall off the face of the earth.


Daily Affirmation: I will make more time for writing.

I'm sure people are reading this blog. All those people who Google "Flaming June" and "Butter" and "Random Whining Blog Entry by a Moody Woman"? They are FLOCKING to this blog in droves!

I haven't been a total lump all these months. I have been writing. Little pieces of short fiction, which seem to be my strength and yield the best results. I even won a contest. An obscure, regional, 12-people-read-my-winning-essay-contest. And yes, maybe those 12 people were in my own family, but dammit(!), it still counts as readership! Here it is, if you'd like to read it yourself, all you faithful followers of my blog: My Earth Day Essay.

Now as a disclaimer to this prestigious award, although on the list of Winners, I am listed as "second place", I was actually the first place winner in the Short Fiction category. I won second place overall. And if you don't believe me, you can clearly read in the Comments that the blog moderator made a mistake in his post. Also, if you want to read the essay itself, you have to click "DOCUMENTS" at the top of the page, and then all of the winning essays will pop up.

I kind of like the fact that I won, but kind of hate the fact that presenting the winning story is such a process. Two paragraphs of explanation and apologies before you even read the essay. But, hey, it's just a local Spokane thing. Not exactly the New York Times.

Besides that, I'm working on that whole self-improvement thing. Moving along in the career, planning to start taking classes in the Winter quarter at the local CC, and while the weather is good, I'm even attempting to get outside and exercise a bit. Be healthy, be positive, be creative, and whatnot.

I will try to be more diligent in my posts. Can't let all you faithful readers believe I'm stuck in the funk that I whined about in my January 2011 post. Bad Blogger! I will try to do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena